Our Mission: To increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers, who excel academically, succeed professionally, and positively impact the community.
NSBE Birmingham Professionals fulfill the mission of NSBE by organizing, sponsoring, and attending an array of workshops, community activities, scholarship funding, mentoring, and networking events. We facilitate the development of strong technical professionals and leaders, encourage minority students to eagerly seek out degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics related fields while empowering the community with the knowledge and foresight to strengthen the very foundation that enables our community as a whole to achieve greater heights.
- Stimulate and develop student interest in the various engineering disciplines
- Encourage and advise minority youth in their pursuit of an engineering career
- Strive to increase the number of students studying engineering at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Encourage members to seek advanced degrees in engineering or related fields and to obtain and maintain professional engineering registrations
- Promote public awareness of engineering and the opportunities for black and other minorities in that profession
- Function as a representative body on issues and developments that affect the careers of black engineers
The objectives are accomplished through the development of innovative programs conducted at the national, regional, and chapter levels. These programs include the pre-college initiative, professional development, career networking, tutoring, and mentoring.